March 23, 2014

Find YOUR Passion



The other day I had the privleage to go to a fireside that my aunt organized for her Relief Society and the Young Women in her ward. The speaker was Darrin Adams-former host of KSl's Stuido 5. Also cool fact I am related to him! (Mom's cousin's husband) His main focus of his speech was finding your passion. He named some of his passions his big one for TV Broadcasting and small ones like, finding a bargain. He told us stories of him finding bargains and how he loved the feeling of it. He also talked about it doesn't matter how big or small your passion is, it doesn't matter how often you do it or how strong your talent is in it. It's the feeling you get when you do your passion and the way it makes one feel.

Lately I have been struggling trying to find my passion. In my head your passion was the only thing you did in life. It's what you centered your life about all the time. But in reality it's not. Again, it's back to that feeling you get when you do your passion. My passion since I was in diapers is dancing and always will be dancing. Since graduating high school I don't dance or choregraph. But I miss it more and more everyday. I thought I had to find a new passion becuase I wasn't doing it constantly anymore. But it still gives me that feeling that it used to when I think about it. When I hear a good song I can still come up with a routine in my head. That's when I know it's still my passion and always will be.

There isn't a huge point to this post. But it made me realize how life should be filled with your passions. Big or small passions, your life should be filled with that feeling in the pit of your stomach. If you don't have one find one. Dancing, singing, reading, blogging, or even as simple as Darrin's and finding a bargain. Just find those things that make you YOU!

 photo BritSig3_zpsdf72b790.png





1 comment:

  1. Brit! I miss dancing too. I was thinking some of us Silverliners should find a place to dance and just get together and dance! I have a friend from St. George who did this with some other friends in St. George and now they have their own dance team and they perform. I don't necessarily want to perform but I think it'd be fun to get together and dance! This is my friend's team http://moxidancers.org/who-is-moxi/ I think it is such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete