March 28, 2014

Our 5 Love Languages



Ever heard of the 5 Languages Test? I haven't heard of anyone that hasn't but if you haven't here you go! Since we got married people kept asking us what love language we were and I would tell them we have no idea because we have never taken the test. Well after almost 10 months of marriage and the crazy looks we would get saying we have never taken it, we finally sat down at took the test.

It asks you questions about you and how you like your spouse or significant shows their love. I noticed it asked myself about getting gifts a lot and it asked my husband about intimacy. It was interesting the difference varied between the male and female.

After the tests were done we found out what we were and the results we actually very VERY accurate.

I am Quality Time-meaning I love to spend time with my husband. I would give up working and school to spend time with my husband. When I don't get my time with my husband my attitude and mood change. I just love spending time with him. Either it is sitting on our couch watching a movie or going out bowling or a movie. Just being around him is what I love. That's better than getting all the gifts in the world.

Mickal actually tied with Physical Touch and Acts of Service. I wasn't surprised when Mickal got his results. The physical touch doesn't mean just intimacy, it means showing his love by physically showing me, he likes to hold my hand and put his arm around me. Which obviously I don't mind (hope all wives don't mind that!) Acts of Service is defined as serving his wife and helping in anyway that he can. Telling me to not worry about doing a task because he will do it and just lets me relax. Both those love languages are Mickal to a "T"

I was glad to do this test and it opened my eyes to how we both show love and how we like to feel love. I think taking this test has already helped us so much. Mickal realizes that he likes when I spend time with him. I realized that when he tells me to sit and watch a movie while he cleans the kitchen or something is ok.

If you and your significant other haven't taken this test, I highly recommend it! :)

Here is the link if you would like to take the 5 Love Languages Test


 photo BritSig3_zpsdf72b790.png







No comments:

Post a Comment