March 11, 2014

The Day I said "YES!"





March 9, 2013 was a day I will never forget. It started off as any normal day. Me working in the Gold's Daycare for a regular saturday morning shift. I was so excited to get off work because my amazing boyfriend and I were going on a date that I PLANNED (that was his trick all along).

When I got off work I got home and got all cuted up! My family weirdly all had plans that were different than usual. But didn't think anything of it. Mickal was late picking me up becuase he said he had to go to "Walmart" to pick up a few things (actually went and dropped my ring off at where he was proposing). When he picked me up he was my same Mickal wasn't acting different or anything. Before we went to our date he randomly said he had to drop a video game off at Carl's Jr. where is brother was at with his brother in law. Again still didn't think anything of it because Nate and Mickal love there video games.

FINALLY we were on our way to date which is where we had our first date was. The Ogden Dinosaur park. Yes, it's not the most romantic destination but, it's Mickal and I's place. It's the first place we held hands and got to really know each other. When we got there it was pretty dead. There wasn't anyone there. I was ok with that! When we got there we paid for our tickets and Mickal all of a sudden said "We should to the Gem Cave" I looked at him in shock like really? You want to dig in this little dirt pile for the kids? Again, didn't think anything of it becuase that's the kind of relationship we have. We like to do fun silly things and not have a care in the world.

We walked around the inside of the park until we decided to go to the Gem Cave. I wasn't too thirilled because I was in nice clothes and didn't want to get dirty. But again that's what love is doing what the other person wants to do because you love them. So the lady gave up our shovel and buckets and explained what we were looking for. She said you will be looking for little velvet bags with "rocks" in them. I understood and we started digging. This is when I think I thought it was going to happen becuase Mickal started acting WEIRD! Not his normal self! After digging for 5 minutes I found a purple velvet bag and threw it in the bucket and Mickal looked at me and said "You should look what is in that bag" This is when it happened....I opened the bag and the most gorgeous "rock" fell out when I say "rock" it was my diamond engagement ring. As I stared at the ring I was in shock. I looked up and Mickal was on one knee. He took my hand and said "Brittney Ann Jenson will you marry me?" I looked at him and yelled "ARE YOU SERIOUS?" I said that like 4 times until he looked at me seriously and said "YES I AM SERIOUS!" :) Of course I said "YES!!!" Then I turned around and there was my dad, mom, sisters and soon to be brother in law! I screamed and couldn't believe what was happening! I came out of the cave and hugged my parents and cried and showed them my ring with a huge smile on my face. We took pictures and laughed and smile.  Nothing can explain how happy I was in the moment. I couldn't of asked for a better engagement. After we left the dinosaur park we called and texted our family and made them aware of our good news :)

 After that we went to walmart bought TONS of junk food and bought my favorite movie series TWILIGHT and spent the night enjoying each other and talking about our future.

Again, that day will be a day that I never forget. Finally getting to the point of our engagement. After dating, a mission and pre-mission life. It was our turn for our ever after! Marrying the man I waited so long for is amazing and couldn't ask for a better eteranl companion :)

 photo BritSig3_zpsdf72b790.png

The  place I found my "rock" 


My perfect ring :)

Never been happier :)





My sister Abby and I got engaged 7 days apart :)



Can't you tell he was so excited? :)




 








1 comment:

  1. Haha, I totally saw the picture after your ring one with your dark hair and you're holding the movie, for a second I was like... WOW, her sister looks so much like her! but it was just you with darker hair... haha

    ReplyDelete